Chia Seeds – Natural Super Energy
Chia Seeds have been known since the time of ancient cultures and represented an important source of energy for the Mayans and Incas. Because of the excellent characteristics of the seed, the Mayans named it CHIA which means POWER.
Chia is the richest plant source of Omega 3 fatty acids (almost 30%), Omega 6 fatty acids, protein and powerful antioxidants. This super seed is an excellent source of essential minerals like phosphorus, manganese, calcium and zinc and contains a high percentage of dietary fiber. Chia seeds are very small and mottle-colored with brown, gray, black and white.
Today, chia is grown in Mexico, Bolivia, Argentina, Ecuador, Australia (in 2008 was the largest producer of chia).
Chia Seeds contain:
8-TIMES MORE OMEGA 3 THAN THE SALMON
5-TIMES MORE CALCIUM THAN THE MILK
30% MORE ANTIOXIDANT THAN THE BLACKBERRY
25% MORE FIBER THAN FLAXSEEDS
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds:
– Increased energy level and improved mood
– Better concentration, work ability and clearly thinking
– Reducing high blood pressure and reducing blood cholesterol
– Positive impact in maintaining healthy bones – Chia seeds contain high level of calcium, one tablespoon of Chia seeds contains the same amount of calcium as two glasses of milk
– Positive impact in maintaining a healthy body weight
8 ways to use Chia Seeds :
– Mix ground chia seeds with flax, pumpkin, sunflower or wholemeal sesame and put it into honey. Every morning, take one tablespoon. That will increase your energy
– Add chia seeds in fresh fruit juice
– Add chia seeds in fruit salad with honey and nuts. That’s a good choice for breakfast
– Add chia seeds in peanut butter and you will get a healthy breakfast
– Add chia seeds in wholemeal flour and you will get a healthy bread
– Make pancakes from chia seeds, integral flour, eggs and milk
– Add chia seeds in rice
– Make chia seed pudding of soy milk
SUBSCRIBE TO HEALTHY FOOD HOME
Get Interesting Stuff and Updates to Your Email Inbox
10 000+ Monthly Readers
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.