Four-Cheese Tagliatelle Recipe
● 300 ml/ ½ pint whipping cream
● 4 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly bruised
● 75 g/ 3 oz fontina cheese, diced
● 75 g/ 3 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
● 75 g/ 3 oz mozzarella cheese
● 50 g/ 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated + extra to serve
● Salt and freshly groung black pepper
● 275 g/ 10 oz fresh green tagliatelle
● 1-2 tbsp freshly snipped chives
● fresh basil leaves, to garnish ( optional )
1. Place the whipping cream with the garlic cloves in a medium pan and heat gently until small bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan. Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard the garlic cloves.
2. Add all the cheeses to the pan and stir until melted. Season with a little salt and a lot of black pepper. Keep the sauce warm over a low heat and don’t allow to boil.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta thoroughly and return to the pan. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add the chives then toss lightly until well coated. Tip into a warmed serving dish or spoon onto individual plates. Garnish with a few basil leaves and serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese ( optional) .
Tagliatelle comes from Bologna, where it is usually served with a meat sauce. Green tagliatelle is generally flavoured with spinach, but it is also available flavoured with fresh herbs, which would go particularly well with the rich cheese sauce in this recipe.
SUBSCRIBE TO HEALTHY FOOD HOME
Get Interesting Stuff and Updates to Your Email Inbox
10 000+ Monthly Readers
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.